So, I`m here supposedly writing an outline for one of my papers and I have decided to indulge you all in a good old post regarding my everyday make-up routine. To be honest, I used to be the laziest person about my appearance – and in some ways I totally am – and my friends always used to make fun of me for not brushing my hair, etc. etc. But recently (as in the past year or two) I have been experimenting in the world of makeup and hair and I`m not going to lie, it`s pretty fun. That said, I`ve never been a fan of the whole cakeface look and I usually just try to maintain a really simple, natural look (plus, William prefers it, which is a plus for me!)
- Clinique High Impact mascara: I`m a really big fan of Clinique`s products. I love this mascara because it gives me an instantly volumizing look, plus I`ve never had any issues with clumping or smudging throughout the day! And it also comes off super easily. My only issue might be the giant brush, because I have tiny Asian lashes, but now that I think of it, the brush is probably the reason behind its amazingness 🙂
- Burt`s Bees: Everyone loves this stuff, so I don`t think I need to devote a huge explanation to it, but I loooove the tingly feeling it gives my lips after I apply it. I`m not big on shiny, coloured lip glosses, balms, or lipsticks, so this is perfect because it moisturizes but isn`t really fancy.
- Nars Orgasm blush: I always feel the need for a little bit of colour on my face and this blush shade is PERFECT. It`s subtle, but not so subtle that there`s no colour. I wish it wasn`t so expensive though..
- Clinique Quickliner for Eyes: The smudgy tip on this is awesome. To be honest, I`m not really that picky about my eyeliners, but this is the one I reach to the most, haha
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter: The first time I had this, it was a Christmas gift from a friend. I`ve never gone back, it`s my absolute favourite body moisturizer. It`s really thick and creamy and moisturizes SO quickly, and I love the smell! My only qualm with it is that it takes a little while to absorb, but I guess you have to expect that from such a heavy cream.
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals SPF 15: I never, ever, ever, ever, used foundation before I got this stuff. I was actually on a trip to Seattle with William and stopped by the Sephora and was wondering about this product (Sherri raves about it), and the artist offered to apply some on me. I was AMAZED by the difference it made! I actually have really good skin – fairly even skin tone, I never break out save for a few unnoticeably blemishes here and there – but this stuff makes it look like I have perfect, airbrushed skin, foreals. I love that it`s easy to apply and feels like there`s nothing on my skin, and also that it offers sun protection and is completely waterproof. When I remove my makeup at the end of the day it`s all still there!
- Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleanser: Dry shampoo is my saviour during exams and school time because sometimes I just don`t have time to completely wash out my hair (I know, it`s pretty nasty). I love this stuff because it actually makes my hair feel really clean, and it also gives it a boost at the roots for some volume, which is great because I have quite limp hair 😦
I think I might do a post about my skincare routine sometime too. Being girly = totally fun!